Calling. Passion. Purpose.
ECCC's Annual Conference: January 24-29, 2016
DaySpring (Parrish, FL)
- Registration fees:
Discounted rates are offered for the second and third registrations from the same center/camp/program. Please note that a late registration fee of $50 will apply for any registration received after December 18, 2015. A fee of $100 is applied to a registration from a non-member center.
- Double Occupancy w/ Private Bathrooms (Limited): $695
- Double Occupancy w/ Shared Hallway Bathrooms: $625
- Single Occupancy (Limited): $825
- Commuter Rate (Conference & meals only): $400
- Scholarships: To inquire about a scholarship, please contact Bill Slocumb.
Jerry Huncosky is CEO of Frost Valley YMCA, a 5,000 acre property in the Catskill Mountains. Jerry has been involved with YMCA Camping since 1984 and is regarded as one of the foremost authorities in YMCA Resident Camping. In addition to having previously operated camps in New York, Texas, and Rhode Island, he has served as a consultant to several YMCA camp operations in the US, as well as the YMCA of the USA. A Wisconsin native (and a graduate of the University of Wisconsin at Green Bay), Jerry has traveled around the world to help strategize and implement camping programs in eastern Europe, Africa, and Asia. He currently oversees the general operation of Frost Valley, as well as strategic planning and fund development. Jerry will present the keynote, "No Room for Crybabies:"
No one said this was going to be easy. The responsibility we have as camp professionals is often overwhelming and always demanding. Coping with the rigors of our profession takes grit, self reliance and a clear understanding and belief in our work and its outcomes. We are creators of inspiration, makers of magic and mentors for thousands. We are misunderstood, never given enough credit and often on the brink of self destruction. We need to take care of ourselves and our families first. Setting personal goals, being honest with ourselves and communicating with family keeps our focus on the important things.
The Rev. Brooks Cato will return as conference chaplain. In addition to coordinating the conference Eucharists, our chaplain offer group meditations and is available for one-on-one conversations throughout the week.
The Rev. Brooks Cato is a priest in the Episcopal Church in Arkansas, and serves on the Board of Trustees of Camp Mitchell.
Brooks has lived in New Mexico and Thailand, and studied psychology at the University of Central Arkansas. He first began to feel his calling to ordained ministry during college, after several years working as a counselor and then assistant director of Camp Mitchell in Arkansas. After graduating and getting married, Brooks began attending seminary at Sewanee.
Having graduated from seminary in 2013 and served for one year at St. Paul's in Newport, Arkansas as priest-in-charge, Brooks is now curate at Christ Church in Little Rock. He is excited to continue to grow in ministry and serve God and God's people in our wonderful church, reaching into the world while helping to create and foster sacred spaces.
- The conference will be held at DaySpring, near both Tampa and Sarasota in Florida. The 92-acre campus features tranquil settings, nature trails, tennis, volleyball and basketball courts, a full scale Ropes Course, and tree canopy, as well as opportunities for canoeing, kayaking, and sailing on the Manatee River.
- There are several comfortable accommodation options at DaySpring. Commuter rates are also available. See registration rates above.
- Shuttles will be available for one-way or round trip transport to/from Tampa (TPA) and Sarasota (SRQ) airports. You can book transportation during registration.
- If you are interested in bringing your spouse or family to the conference, please contact Ashley@episcopalccc.org to discuss rates, and accommodation and childcare options.
Email Ashley@EpiscopalCCC.org with any questions about the conference.