Senior Counselor is responsible for:
- In conjunction with the Camp Director, develop and lead the Christian formation of youth and children
- Supervise the health, welfare, and happiness for each camper’s stay.
- Plan and lead daily activities for campers as needed.
- Play, accompany, and lead groups in daily activities and evening programs.
- Lead a small group and chapel services, as assigned, incorporating theme and objectives.
- Know the daily schedules and assist in planning and amending schedules as required insuring that activities and programs are led in accordance with instruction.
- Provide leadership and assistance at on-site and off-site activities.
- Work cooperatively and creatively with a multi-generational staff and a diverse community of campers and staff.
- Assist in leading and preparing camp set up and camp clean up weekly.
- Education: One year out of High School, or equivalent; at least 18 years of age
- Experience: work with youth across developmental spectrum (Christian formation experience preferred)
- Skills: Positive role model for youth; sensitive; creative problem solver; enthusiastic; able to appropriately communicate with youth in various situations; be a team player; self-motivated; self-regulating (know your own limits- strengths & weaknesses); ability to lead devotions, to be patient and to have a sense of humor.
- Physical: Capable of meeting the strenuous physical requirements of the job. Health medical form required.
- Other: Provide own transportation, references required, background check required, have or capable of obtaining personal certification in CPR/First Aid (offered during staff training), and have a desire to share the Christian faith with others.
Send application, resume, references, questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.