Camp Bob Counselors are highly skilled, positive role models who are at least 18 years old and have a strong desire to work with a diverse population of children in an outdoor setting.
*We are currently looking for male counselors.
WHAT DO OUR CAMP BOB COUNSELORS DO?:
- Supervise all aspects of the camper’s day
- Teach, coach, and model personal development and leadership (“Lifelong learn-ables”)
- Get to know each camper individually
- Work with a team of other counselors and support staff members
- Have a lot of fun and get a little messy!
TO ENSURE A QUALITY PROGRAM, ALL STAFF MEMBERS WILL:
- Complete the application and screening process (application, interviews, reference checks, national criminal and sex offender’s background check).
- Complete a rigorous two week training session that includes child abuse prevention, CPR, First Aid, Safety and Emergency Procedures through a mock camp schedule with a focus on effective camp leadership.
WANT TO JOIN THE CAMP BOB STAFF?
While the children may have challenging backgrounds, in most ways they are just children who, for whatever reason, might not otherwise be able to attend a summer camp. Working at Camp Bob is a rewarding experience because your efforts really do make a difference in the campers' lives. You can be a positive role model and a mentor for children who have a variety of needs including self-esteem, social skills, conflict resolution skills and most importantly, trust, hope and love.
Please visit our website for more information or contact the Camp Bob Director, Katherine Parnell at email@example.com or (828) 233-2836