Chanco on the James is accepting applications for the position of Director of Programs. The Director of Programs will assist in facilitating the year round program, ministry, and operation of Chanco. S/he develops new retreat programs, provides world class Christian hospitality to all guests, and oversees the operation of the summer camp program all under the direction of the Executive Director. Responsibilities include customer service, “hands on” activity facilitation, planning, camper and staff supervision, as well as staff recruiting and hiring. Salary range of $28,000 - $30,000 plus a generous benefits package. Motel-type lodging is provided to assist in fulfillment of job duties and living on-site is required during the summer. Desirable qualifications include: Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s Degree and/or equivalent experience, experience in program design and ministry, experience in a senior leadership role at a summer camp, certifications necessary to lead/teach in ropes course operation and aquatics/lifeguarding. Submit a resume, cover letter, and completed application to Gareth Kalfas at email@example.com. Applications may be found at http://www.chanco.org/about-chanco-on-the-james/. Call Gareth at 888-7CHANCO. (ACA Accredited)
Director of Youth Ministry -- DaySpring Episcopal Center, Parrish, FL (Diocese of Southwest Florida)
The Episcopal Diocese of Southwest Florida is seeking a Director of Youth Ministry and Programming at DaySpring Episcopal Center. The ideal candidate will have a background in theology, parish ministry, pastoral skills and youth ministry. Clergy or lay persons may apply. Demonstrated training, experience, skills in leadership with youth, ability to lead and motivate young people and experience in youth ministry and summer camp programs are sought. The position will be an advocate and resource for youth and family ministries within our congregations, utilizing social media, diocesan publications and workshops as well as congregation visits. He or she will oversee the Diocesan Youth Leadership Team, DaySpring Summer Camp, New Beginnings, Happening, Annual Acolyte Festival and other youth events. The successful candidate will reside at the DaySpring Episcopal Center for all sessions of Summer Camp and work closely as a team with the Camp Director and other “core team” members and camp staff. Click HERE for a full listing. Please send resume and cover letter, including three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, contact Canon John Palarine at (941) 556-0315.
The Executive Director oversees all ministries and operations of the Center including program planning, financial planning and management, human resource management, marketing, development, fund raising, and strategic planning. The ministries of the Center include healing prayer, group and individual retreats, youth ministry (including summer camp, daycare and after school program), worship services, religious and secular conferences, lodging and dining, and educational programing. The Executive Director reports to the Bishop of the Diocese of Albany and the Center’s Board.
- Must be a Christian with beliefs aligned with traditional, orthodox Christian values and the canons of the Episcopal Diocese of Albany. Affiliation with the Episcopal Church/Anglican Communion is desired.
- Record of proven leadership and management success. Leadership experience in non-profit organizations is desired.
- Effective communicator, both oral and written, with superiors, subordinates and peers.
- Must live on site (housing provided) to provide appropriate supervision and oversight of activities. • Collaborative management style which fosters personal responsibility and staff development while growing the ministries of the Center.
- Guide the Center’s ministry managers in developing and marketing effective programs to advance each ministry’s objectives within the context of our mission to serve both the diocese and the wider church.
- In collaboration with the Diocesan Accounting Manager and ministry managers, develop and manage a comprehensive budget of planned income and expenditures by department.
- Oversee recruiting, hiring, training and ensure effective management of all Center staff.
- Oversee an effective program of marketing and development to support the long term health and viability of Christ the King Center.
- Develop and implement both a short- term (one to three year) and a long -term (five to ten year) strategic plan for the Center in collaboration with the Bishop and the center’s Board.
Apply by March 24, 2017 at http://www.ctkcenter.org/page/employment.
Camp Stevens is a 256-acre summer camp, outdoor education facility, and retreat center in the mountains of San Diego. We aim to inspire, challenge, and empower personal, social, and environmental transformation through our core values of openness, connection, gratitude and wonder. Reporting to the Administration Director, the Retreat Center Manager is responsible for year-round reservations, hospitality, and operations of the retreat center, all camp sponsored non-summer programs, and summer camp registration. This position interfaces with other areas of camp - food service, maintenance, program staff - to ensure positive guest experience inspired by the Camp Stevens mission. This is primarily an office-based position, with much hands-on hospitality interacting with guests and overseeing lodges, and participating in programs as needed.
All Camp Stevens staff participate in community living and working activities, such as all-staff meetings, weekend hosting and dishes. Housing, utilities, food and hospital/medical/dental insurance is provided.
Job Qualifications: Excellent organizational skills, patience and personable phone presence as front line contact for guests. Must be physically fit and able to hike over rough terrain, carry loads of up to 50 pounds, provide safety for ropes course programs, have at least average eyesight and hearing and have the ability to communicate with people of mixed age and skill levels. Clean driving record to qualify as camp vehicle driver.
Sodexo is seeking an experienced Executive Chef 1 at Kanuga Conference Center located in Hendersonville, NC. For further details please see: #60701 http://bit.ly/2kT1HkS