Executive Chef/Food Service Director -- Solomon Episcopal Conference Center, Loranger, LA (Diocese of Louisiana)
The Executive Chef / Food Service Director is responsible for the preparation and serving of all meals at the Solomon Episcopal Conference Center (SECC), a ministry of the Episcopal Diocese of Louisiana. This person manages the food service production and delivery system, including purchase and inventory of food and supplies. As well as insuring conformance with food quality, nutrition, and productivity standards. Also, the chef will train, manage and supervise the dining hall staff, practice time management techniques, and insure the highest possible participant satisfaction.
QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma required. Specialized training in food preparation and/or food service management with demonstrable computer, record keeping, and communication skills is highly preferred. Experience delivering food to diverse groups, young and old, also preferred. Active participation in and a love for cooking and serving food, with the ability to invent and alter food and reduce waste is important.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct the expenditure of the food service budget.
- Insure that the food service operates within established budgetary guidelines.
- Assign, direct and supervise food service workers.
- Assist in the hiring, transfer, promotion, demotion, or dismissal of food service workers.
- Follow proper receiving, storage, and preparation techniques to insure that all food items are maintained at a high quality until consumed.
- Plan, implement, and review all breakfast and lunch and dinner menus.
- Maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and safety in the kitchen and dining hall building.
- Implement creative strategies to that promote an atmosphere that will attract and retain participants.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to be on his/her feet for extended periods of time. The employee frequently must squat, stoop or kneel, reach above the head and reach forward. The employee continuously uses hand strength to grasp utensils or carry pots and pans. The employee will frequently bend or twist at the neck and trunk more than the average person while performing the duties of this job. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds such as crates, bags or cartons of canned or fresh produce. The employee will sometimes push/pull items such as tables, or bulk food carts. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works indoors. The employee will work near or with food preparation equipment. The employee may occasionally work with toxic or caustic chemicals such as degreasers and sprays. The employee must be able to meet deadlines with severe time constraints. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can be moderately high when larger groups are present for meals.
The Solomon Episcopal Conference Center is an equal opportunity employer located at the following address: 54296 HWY 445, Loranger, LA 70446
ph: (985) 748-6634